Parent classroom representatives
Each year one parent from each class volunteers to be a class rep. This involves staying in touch with all the parents in your class and ensuring they are kept up to date with the latest P&C news and activities.
In 2018, the Beacy P&C supported the school and community through a number of events. These included:
- an Easter raffle
- parents Quiz Night (SO much fun!)
- picture plates
- cookie dough tubs
- Entertainment Books
- two awesome kids’ discos (highlight of their year!)
- community picnic
- Mother’s Day stall
- we supported the sold-out Beacy Dads Rotto camp and a number of other dads and kids activities
- busy bees at Jenkin Street and the Kitchen Garden
- and we made voters happy with our Democracy Sausage and cake stall.
In 2018, the P&C raised $25 000 through the canteen, uniforms, fundraising and voluntary contributions. The P&C spent $13 000 on running community events such as discos. We funded readers for the junior school and have ensured we have money aside for emergencies.
Our major contribution from 2018 will go towards the school’s redevelopment of the bottom oval which includes new soccer and footy goals, as well as new fencing.
How to donate to the P&C
There are several ways you can donate to the P&C. We ask parents for a $50 donation for each child at the beginning of each year. However, parents can choose to give their year’s total support in one larger donation and are free to donate at any time.
We have a dedicated Building Fund Account to receive 100% tax deductible donations.
In order to receive 100% tax deductible status, donations to the P&C must go to a dedicated Building Fund Account.
Our priorities for this fund are: the undercover area, toilet blocks, painting & general maintenance. If you have any questions, contact P&C treasurer on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to donate:
- Donate through the early-bird OfficeMax stationary Order.
- Donate through the school office.
- Donate either the $50/per child or give more, if you wish