As some of you may be aware, we ran nominations for a parent representative position for the board last term. We had two nominations for the one position, which is indicative of the wonderful support that we have from our community. Subsequently, we now have to run a voting process, something we’ve not had to do in recent times. Each registered parent/carer with students currently enrolled in our school is eligible to vote in the election.
Please expect an email containing a link to the online election ‘survey’ and your unique voting code. If you do not have an email address registered with the school, please contact our administration and we can provide you with the survey’s online location and a unique voting code or alternatively, a paper form if necessary. The election will close on Friday 26 June 2020. You are encouraged to vote.
I would like to introduce our two board candidates, Dan Coffey and Edward Eyles. They have both provided some information about themselves and I’m sure that they would both be happy to have a chat at the school gate if you have any further questions.
- Beaconsfield resident for over 10 years.
- Father of two daughters in Year 1 and Year 3 with a third daughter starting at Beacy in three years’ time.
- Started Beacy Champion Dads and assists in coordination of all Dads activities supported by a large community network.
- Director at Parks and Wildlife, overseeing WA’s marine parks and managing significant public service budgets.
- Project manager of large public service capital projects.
- Previous board experience.
- Commitment to high quality public education and teacher support.
- Experience approving tariffs, fees and charges.
I am the father of a Beacy Kindergarten student, a husband, and a Financial Adviser. I have 10 years of experience in finance roles, from bookkeeping for a small business in Tasmania to providing financial advice here in Western Australia. Academically, I was awarded the Dean’s Merit List following completion of my Bachelor of Commerce. Outside of work I enjoy creating mischief with my family, cooking, reading, and learning to speak French.
The Board Duties request governance and finance-based skills. In my commercial experience I have been responsible for various tasks such as performance reporting, cash flow analysis, and developing and monitoring budgets. I believe that with my experience and desire to contribute to the unique school that we all cherish, I can help the School Board achieve its goals.